Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Beauty of Mistakes.

I love coming across great books that not only teach but inspires, and quite by accident I feel upon Beautiful Oops by Barney Saltzberg.  The story stretches the imagination and teaches the lesson that from mistakes can come something beautiful.  Having a group of students this year who has great difficultly in their work not being anything but perfect and error free, this book helped me to address this issue within my classroom... and save me a little money since I wasn't having to constantly buy new erasers every two weeks.  I highly recommend the book, not only for its message but its creative illustrations.  Beautiful Oops was a fun find and Mr. Saltzberg has some other great books to check out! 
Enjoy discovering and don't fear making some mistakes =)

No comments:

Post a Comment