Thursday, January 24, 2013

Richardson Reflection: Blogging

In chapters 3 and 4 of Richardson's Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts... he discussed the use of blogs and wikis in the educational setting.  It made me consider how I would use these forms of technology.  Aside from this blog we have school run website in which each teacher has their own webpage we are required to use.  On our page we post homework, important links, forms and documents, and reflections/updates about our week.  At the kindergarten level my webpage is geared toward the parents.  I have a hard time seeing how I could use blogging and wiki's with the younger age group.  If I didn't already have my webpage and had a blog instead I would also gear this more toward my parents and fellow educators.  In some of the blogs I have seen created by younger grade teachers (Pre-K to 1st) they have seem to be written with an adult audience in mind, for example My Hullabaloo.

I would be interested to see blogs that young children have been part of, does anyone know of any?

No comments:

Post a Comment