Thursday, February 14, 2013

Created to teach

For my digital story I will be using the Storybird program because I do not have access to a microphone.  In reading we will be beginning our unit of study on Fairy Tales, I will be creating a Storybird to introduce the elements of a fairy tale to my Kindergarten class. My goal is to keep the text simple and predictable so students can help in reading about the elements.
At the end of this unit I would like to use Storybird with each student and have them create their own personal fairy tale then post them on my website for parents to view.


Here is my first draft... please tell me what you think =)

4 comments:

  1. Great job Anna! I like how you are telling them ahead of time what to look for in a fairy tale so that they will have that prior knowledge when they are reading (listening) to them. Did you put the words TRIUMPH and PROBLEM in uppercase for vocabulary purpose? That is a great way to introduce them to new vocab. Can I use this when I start teaching fairy tales to my class?

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the words in caps are vocabulary words =). I used the storybird this past week with my students and they loved it, they are excited about getting to use it for their own stories.
    Please feel free to use it, I'm always happy to share, I'm glad you liked it =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, I think your storybird is a great way to introduce fairy tales to your students. It gives them lots of great examples using pictures, which always seems to be helpful for the little ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =)
      The students were captivated the most by the illustrations and they were excited they could "read" words like wizard.

      Delete